Team member: Xiaoyu Tai, Jenny Hottle, and Boney Yeldho.
This semester-long project aims to build a friendly learning management system for elderly teachers and professors. We mainly used participatory design along the design thinking process. We used wireframing, paper prototyping, and high-fidelity interactive prototyping during the design process, and we conducted multiple interviews and evaluations with an amazing 70+ years old professor. We documented the whole process and concluded serval tips for a success learning management system in our final report.
- Conducted multiple user interviews and usability testings.
- Devised primary and secondary design with hand sketches.
- Created low-fidelity prototype with Adobe XD.
- Coded high-fidelity prototype with Bootstrap CSS framework.
High-fidelity prototype: GitHub contribution information.
Current systems are not working for both teachers and students.
ELMS is the default system of our university, but it is "overwhelmingly complicated." A third-party system for grade book is perfect, but "switching between the two systems gets confusing for her and for her students."
2. Low-Fidelity Prototype
3. High-Fidelity Prototype
4. Design Highlights
- Coolms Final Report
- Mid-term Report (Preliminary Design and User Evaluation).
- View Coolms Final Keynote