Too many students are dropping out of college X (stakeholder). The drop out rate at College X is 62%. The drop out at College Y rate is 45%. The VP of Enrollment wants to compare competitive data on a mobile device (a dashboard) on the go anytime.
Sample Data Set:
- Avg GPA: 2.97
- Avg Freshman Age: 20.2
- Avg Age in dorm: 21.2
- Avg income: 75K (1 parent), 105K (2 parent)
- Cost of University: 28K per year
- Avg GPA: 3.07
- Avg Freshman Age: 19.2
- Avg Age in dorm: 20.2
- Avg income: 65K (1 parent), 90K (2 parent)
- Cost of University: 15.9K per year
Define User Goals (from the problem):
- View highlight data from a mobile device
- Compare data set between two university (or more than two schools)
- Solve the high drop-out rate for College X (higher level goal)
- A mobile application
- The plan 1 highlights data in large numbers in the landing page, and each parameter has its own in-depth data comparison view.
- The plan 2 has a customizable view with graphs to compare data. The user can add or remove entries and adjust the order.
Final Iteration with Medium-Fidelity Interactive Prototype
Both plans were evaluated with three people and received important feedback to improve the prototype.
- Testers liked the plan 1 dashboard, and they thought it can convey the data clearly.
- Testers did not like the lack of customization in plan 1 and thought plan 2 gave good flexibility to the user.
- Two people think graph comparison is needed and may solve VP’s problem.